Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

Can't believe its already Thanksgiving.  Soon it will be Christmas and then a brand new year.  Tonight I am baking two pumpkin pies for tomorrow's yummy festivities.  I am also borrowing a pinterest inspired recipe for an appetizer.

Take
 mini fillo shells
brie cheese
and cranberry preserve
put some of the brie topped with a little cranberry preserve in each shell then bake until melty.  Should be amazing.

This time of year reminds you to be thankful for what you have.  Always strive for more and aspire to be the best you that you can, but never forget how lucky or fulfilled your life is.  I want the high paying, high powered job and to come home to the mansion with the secret rooms and water slides; but until then I am so very thankful for what I have.
I have a great job that I enjoy. These days you are lucky to have a job let alone one that you do enjoy.  I have the most amazing marriage with my best friend/husband.  We have great friends and family and we enjoy our lives.  It is easy to get caught up in what you want or don't have, but its more wonderful to concentrate on all that you do have to be thankful for.

Married life has been a blast.  We have finished up the Thank you cards for the generous gifts.  I love snail mail and have also sent out Halloween cards, Veterans day cards, Thanksgiving cards, and am working on starting Christmas cards.  It's nice to have something other than a bill in the mail.  It is also a nice way to let people know you're thinking about them.

I have been put my wifey skills to work and have been putting the crock pot to use.  On chilly Sundays its nice to have something warm and yummy cooking all day for dinner.  It also makes week night meals easy.  For chicken BBQ I use:

4 chicken breats
a bottle of BBQ sauce
1/3 cup apple cider (more or less to taste)
1/4 cup of Worcestershire
some chili powder
And let is slow cook for a least 8 hours.  Then take a fork and simply push the meat apart.  Its so tender it falls apart.

Be sure to eat too much, smile too big, & laugh to hard with friends and family tomorrow.  Most of all be Thankful.  Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment